Re: Forwarding while on same subnet...confusions (nfcan: addressed to exclusive sender for this address)

On 2004.11.23 14:09, Mike Smith - mismith356@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello All,

and then, after some google'ing and reading:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 138.1.89.6 -p tcp --dport 80 -j SNAT
--to 138.1.88.246

One more observation. The postrouting is looking for packets with a *destination* port 80.

I think this rule is meant to deal with packets from the apache server
returning to the client. I think apache will have a well known
*source* port of 80 in this case, the destination port is random.

You could look with a sniffer to check.
Or look at the packet counters to see if it is matching.