From: netfilter-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of ads nat
Sent: Wed 10/27/2004 7:58 AM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Restrict LAN users to send mail to Internet but allow to send mailto other LAN user.

Hi,
I will elaborate my problem.

I am looking for solution for following problem.

I have A Linux interent gateway server having 3 NIC
cards
1) eth0 connected to internet.
2) eth1 connected to private LAN (192.168.0.1.)
3) eth2 connected to DMZ server.(10.0.0.1)

DMZ server is with one LAN card (eth0 : 10.0.0.2)

On DMZ, DNS, Web and sendmail are installed.
Iptables prerouting rules are set on Gateway server so
that users from LAN 192.168.0.0 can acess web as well
as mail server.

Now I want to allow LAN users to send emails to each
other on LAN but want to allow some LAN users to send
email to Internet(Outside world).
Is there any way using Linux iptables firewall to
acieve this requirement.

thanks for support.