Re: Blocking forwarding of packets in WLAN

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 03:48:50PM +0200, Claudio Lavecchia wrote:
> Prototype for my function is then:
>
> void block_forwarding(char * MAC_address);
>
> Is this feasible someway using iptables? Can anyone give me a precise hint
> on how to do that? I would be truly grateful if someone could help me.

can't help you with the C code aspect of it, but if at some point you
get to the part where you need the actual iptables command to block
forwarding of a packet by MAC address, it's:

  iptables -A FORWARD -m mac --mac-source $MACADDR -j DROP

where $MACADDR is in XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX form.

-j

--
Jason Opperisano <opie@xxxxxxxxxxx>