questions before installing libipq

Hi, I'm in the process of installing a tarpit on my box. I run Mandrake 10.0
on my mail server  and it doesn't come with libipq installed.  I think I have
to install netfilter to install libipq but iptables is already installed. I
wonder if installing netfilter would bring in version problems with the
installation I have now.

I run a firewall and NAT to my mail server. Is it OK to install the tarpit on
the mail server? I can install it on the firewall but I see no technical
reasons for not installing it on the mailserver as I'd prefer to keep the
firewall "clean".

Cheers, Nadim.