[ANNOUNCE]Vuurmuur 0.5.46 released (initial public release)

Hi people, please forgive me for sending you this spam. I've been talking
about my project a few times before on this list so I thought you would like
to know it's finally released.

---

Vuurmuur is a middle-end/front-end for netfilter/iptables aimed at
system-administrators who need a decent firewall, but don't have netfilter
specific knowledge. It is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL. This is
the first public release.

What makes Vuurmuur different from the numerous other iptables frontends, is
it's scalability, and most of all, the real-time feedback. Logs can be viewed
in real-time, using colours for easy interpretation. Also, the current
connections can be viewed in real-time. Filtering possibilities make it easy
to monitor specific hosts or services. The scalability makes it very easy to
handle more than two or three interfaces and networks.

Because the administrator must define hosts, groups, networks, zones, services
and interfaces, which must also be given a name, confusion such as with
ipaddresses and portnumbers is prevented. These names are also reflected in
the log and the connections monitor. A service is a container of portranges,
so for complex services like Samba and Nfs, creating rules is especially
easy. Also, portforwarding is very simple.

Vuurmuur is currently of beta quality. It runs very well, but there certainly
will be bugs and ommisions. Users are encouraged to try the software, and
report their findings to the vuurmuur-users mailinglist. Developers willing
to contribute are very welcome. The todo-list is always expanding! See
http://vuurmuur.sourceforge.net/ for details (and screenshots).