AW: a NAT question

> Hi,
> We have been allocated 2 more IPs by our ISP for a period of 1 month
> for our purpose. Now these 2 IPs will be assigned to 2 Windows
> machines which are to be accessed from outside. We want port 21 or one
> machine to be accessed from outside and port 80 and 9001, 25 of other
> machine. Which is the best way to allow access to these machines from
> outside still having them under my firewall? I thought of having ip
> aliases on the Linux box and forwarding the connections to the
> respective windows box.
> Can someone explain an easy way for this?
> With warm regards,
> -Payal

Hi Payal,

you should go fort hat issue. Add virtual interfaces to your linuxbox,
assign them the ip-addresses and create some forwarding-rules for your
required ports

# virtual alias on your interface. check man ifconfig and alter my
# statements for your needs eq replace x.x.x.x with the correct values
ifconfig eth0:1 x.x.x.x
# This creates a duplicate interface of eth0 with a different ip-address

# (x.x.x.x). To remove one, simply put it down with ifconfig eth0:1 down

After that you've got an interface where you can bind your
forwardingrules to.

hth
-fe