Re: user defined chains

On Monday 12 July 2004 7:49 pm, Payal Rathod wrote:

> Hi,
> If I want to design a firewall for a network on a high end machine
> with lot of RAM and swap, is there any real use of user defined
> chains? I find them difficult so I would like to use only the built-in
> chains. Is that ok?

Yes.

Antony.

(Okay, for a fuller answer, use user-defined chains if you want to, don't use
them if you prefer - it makes no difference to netfilter so long as you can
understand the rules enough to get them to do what you want them to.)

--
Users don't know what they want until they see what they get.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.