Re: ftp

From: Antony Stone <Antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ftp
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:31:06 +0100

On Thursday 20 May 2004 9:10 pm, azeem ahmad wrote:

> no single server of ftp is accessible. wheather any server is near to me or
> far away if it is ftp then it isnt accessible from my network.

Okay - now that I clearly understand the problem, please post the output of:

iptables -L -nvx; iptables -L -t nat -nvx

> and may i have ur collection of quotes

Sure - they are all available from
http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter or
http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter.mbox/netfilter.mbox (which is
quite a large file, but they're all in there somewhere).

Regards,

Antony.

--
In Heaven, the police are British, the chefs are Italian, the beer is Belgian,
the mechanics are German, the lovers are French, the entertainment is

In Hell, the police are German, the chefs are British, the beer is American,
the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, the entertainment is Belgian,
and everything is organised by the Italians.

it is a very simple firewall with only one rule as iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE any ways the outout of the two commands is as follow

iptables -L -nvx
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 64966 packets, 22320338 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 48691 packets, 11603504 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 154653 packets, 66215691 bytes)
   pkts      bytes target     prot opt in     out     source

iptables -L -t nat -nvx
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 9221 packets, 586315 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 2693 packets, 178591 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
0 0 MASQUERADE all -- * ppp0 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 6008 packets, 382374 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

i m showing you the different firewall rules in different questions beacuse i m a student and i m working on firewall these days. but wheni try to access ftp then only this single rule works nothing else has been added.

Regards
Azeem