Re: ipsets and network namespaces

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012, Gao feng wrote:

> ? 2012?04?05? 19:24, Jozsef Kadlecsik ??:
> > On Thu, 5 Apr 2012, Gorik Van Steenberge wrote:
> >
> >> I've noticed that when creating a new network namespace (using the lxc
> >> tools) that ipsets (userspace v6.11 on kernel 3.3.1) are still global,
> >> i.e. an ipset created in the container is visible in the host and vice
> >> versa. Iptables rulesets, however, are isolated.
> >>
> >> Is this an as of yet unimplemented feature or a conscious design decision?
> >
> > It's an unimplemented feature - no one requested it yet ;-).
>
> And I see there are a lot of /proc/sys/entries are not isolated.
> is this an unimplemented feature too?

I don't know what you mean here. There's nothing under /proc/sys which is
related to ip_set* modules.

> If so,I want to implement it. How do you think about this?

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlecsik.jozsef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary