NASA Administrator Receives Tuskegee Airmen Scholarship Foundation Memorial Award

Oct. 05, 2012

Lauren B. Worley
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1288
lauren.b.worley@xxxxxxxx

RELEASE: 12-349

NASA ADMINISTRATOR RECEIVES TUSKEGEE AIRMEN SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION MEMORIAL AWARD

WASHINGTON -- The Tuskegee Airmen Scholarship Foundation presented
NASA Administrator Charles Bolden with the Gen. James H. "Jimmy"
Doolittle Memorial Award at the organization's Gold Medal Gala
Thursday in Los Angeles.

Bolden is the first recipient of this award, which honors Gen.
Doolittle's leadership as a founding board member of what began as
the Tuskegee Airmen Scholarship Fund. The foundation presented the
award to Bolden, a retired Marine Corps major general, for his
outstanding military service, expert management as NASA's 12th
administrator and qualities of leadership that Gen. Doolittle
practiced.

"I am honored to accept this award because my journey has been
inspired by the example of courage and dedication against long odds
that the Tuskegee aviators represent," Bolden said. "In addition to
the example of my parents, I was fortunate to follow in the footsteps
of the Tuskegee Airmen and serve my country as a Marine, an astronaut
and now as head of NASA."

For more information about Administrator Bolden, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/about/highlights/bolden_bio.html

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx