Playing a DVD and mp3 Simultaneously with sync

On 04.06.2010 20:29, Paul Huwe wrote:

> Oh, I totally misunderstood what he meant by audiofile. I tried it out, but it simply replaces the DVD audio with the external mp3. Is there a way to hear both?
>
> Kiste, I don't fully understand what your mail is suggesting...

don't top post - it is hard to quote thereafter

>> Thinking about it, you wouldn't have the time to extract
>> the DVD audio
>> track, mix it with the commentary, and play the mixed
>> soundtrack along
>> with the picture using -audiofile ? It should only take
>> some seconds if
>> you save the result uncompressed. If you save the result as
>> raw
>> uncompressed data, you can start playing while still mixing
>> the audio.

1. Dump DVD audio to HDD
2. mix *dvddumpaudio.wav* with *commnetary.wav* using some audio tool (
*sox* maybe )
3. play DVD with mplayer -audiofile mixed.wav option

You could also make new DVD with oryginal audio and added commentary
mixed audio (2 audio tracks) - but that's an extra

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/