progressive NTSC content detected, switching framerate . . .

Albretch Mueller <lbrtchx <at> gmail.com> writes:

> $ mplayer -vo x11 VIDEO_TS.VOB

While I do not understand what problem you are trying to report, I'd like to
note that x11 is not a useful vo on most real-world systems.
If you are not using a modern Nvidia card (and the binary drivers), you should
try very hard to get xv (or hardware OpenGl) output. They are significantly
better performance-wise.
(Try something like sudo apt-get install libxv-dev)

Carl Eugen