Uoti nonsense, and my parting words

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 05:24:55PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

> Ok, use revision 31190. Everyone happy now?
> If you want me to write such a mail every day I'll have to automate it though.
> Otherwise we have offered to grant distribution maintainers repo access so
> they can generate branches for the versions they use, which certain would work
> much better than their current approach of using ancient tarballs
> and throw hundreds of patches on it (quite often probably not
> verified by an MPlayer developer) to fix the security issues (well,
> I hope they do fix them).

The latest Slackware ships with a reasonably recent svn release now
that is completely unpatched and offers a choice with the installation
script to build either with or without lame mp3, faac, AMR and dvdcss
libraries. It is a nice compromise I think, although I build the
latest svn myself :). For those who are interested:

http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-current/source/xap/MPlayer/MPlayer.SlackBuild

I am sure it would not be difficult for other distros to cobble
something like this together.....

Andrew
--
Do you think that's air you're breathing?