- To: Linas Vepstas <linasvepstas@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC] Simplify the Linux kernel by reducing its state space
- From: Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 13:25:02 -0700
- Cc: "Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-alpha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-arm-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uclinux-dist-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-hexagon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-ia64@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-m32r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-m32r-ja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-mips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-am33-list@xxxxxxxxxx, linux-parisc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linuxppc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-s390@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-sh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sparclinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx, jejb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux390@xxxxxxxxxx, x86@xxxxxxxxxx, cmetcalf@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20120331201500.GA27640@linas.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110323 Thunderbird/3.1.9
On 03/31/2012 01:15 PM, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> I didn't actually try to compile the patch below; it didn't look like
> C code so I wasn't sure what compiler to run it through. I guess maybe
> its python? However, I'm very sure that the patches are completely
> correct, because I read them, and I also know Paul. And I've heard of
> Thomas Gleixner.
x86_64 defconfig has many build errors and warnings. :(
back to my abacus.
[Linux MIPS Home]