From: redhat-migration-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-migration-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeremy Hogan
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 8:52 AM
To: redhat-migration-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Which Red Hat Enterprise Linux is for you?

So if I am to understand you correctly, you took exception to our sending
you what you considered to be private information over e-mail because it
*may* have been seen by a third party.

Your response was to send an e-mail (with all of that information still in
it) to a public list where not only is it guaranteed to be seen by third
parties, but will be archived.

Are you really that concerned with security? Not by your own actions. It
seems much more likely that you are angry with Red Hat and are using
whatever means you can find to make a big show of it.

To re-cap, we did not send you your password in clear text. The privacy
policy, which *you* brought up says we collect information needed to manage
your account, and that we do not share it with others. Sending you an e-mail
to you is not sharing it with others. And since it was information you
decided to forward back via the same mechanism, adding it to a public
archive to boot, I doubt the veracity of your concern.

In any case, this scope of this list has nothing to do with security or the
privacy policy.

You have stated that you are migrating to Debian GNU/Linux now several
times, I'm sure there is a debian-migration-list somewhere that will help
you do so.

--jeremy