From: redhat-migration-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-migration-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Tom Diehl
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 7:41 PM
To: R P Herrold
Cc: redhat-migration-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RHEL 3.0

http://www.beau.org/~jmorris/linux/whitebox/

> > In addition people like Owl River do it for a fee.
>
> Tom, when I mention our fee based services, I make it a point
> to also mention that in addition to selling fee based support
> for whatever a client and Owl River can reach terms, we have
> given back to the community for years (as has Red Hat itself
> in pushing commercial Linux in the US to the fore [along with
> many, many others]), both through the Red Hat beta testers
> group, maintaining the RPM site, on the various Red Hat (and
> many other) mailing lists, and with our formalized Tips, and
> Projects pages at:
>      http://www.owlriver.com/tips/
>      http://www.owlriver.com/projects/
>
> and have been pleased to contribute to the open and accessible
> development process of cAos, yum, and other enabling
> technologies.

I never meant to infer anything other than using you as an example of
someone who other than Red Hat provides such a service using Red Hat's
GPL'd bits. I have seen and used many of your contributions and I thank
you and everyone else involved for them.

If there is/was any confusion I am sorry.