RE: Running RedHat [7-9]: don't mind paying, but don't want to reinstall OS

Donna, Right now I am also not happy with Redhat and their
arbitrary move to another way of releasing their product.
For a good number of years, they have been releasing
their product and naming it I.e. V.5.1,6.1, 8.1, 9.0, Etc.
Now all of a sudden they want to have "Enterprise" Etc.

I strongly believe this is a ploy to justify raising prices
and the price for support.  For many years, Redhat maid their
profits on their support services as Redhat was an open
Source O/S and such was free.  Now they want to pull a
Bill Gates and move to making Red Hat a non-Open Source
O/S for the reason of GREED!!!

Redhat, I think you need to rethink your motives and
release that you still are not the only Linux game in town
and until others such as Debuine pull this crap Linux users
will continue to find FREE Linux.  Just changing the name to
Enterprise Linux does not justify raising the price to
a outrageous amount just for profits.  I do not see
and can not justify the price for your product under the
new pricing policy you have posted.  I see a lot of talk
about the product but as for improvement, It is not there
from my point of view!

Yes I did purchase your commercial package when the price
was reasonable. Matter of fact, I also purchased it for a major
university for use on DEC Alpha boxes but now, the price is not
justified in my opinion.

Ms. Dana-Renee Lee
Anadromada.net