Re: Dual Boot

On 4 Oct 2002, John Floren wrote:

> I tried to do that, but it ust started the installation process
> instead.  Can you tell me how to make a rescue floppy?  I don't know
> how...				Thanks

It initally looks like an install but it is not. I use linux rescue
all the time. Works fine lasts a long time!! How far did you let it get??

As far as making a boot disk goes look at mkbootdisk. Although It has been
a loooooong time since I needed to make one of those. The linux rescue thing
works for me.

> On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 09:32, Jeff Bearer wrote:
> > I don't know how good an idea resizing the root partition is, but if
> > your goal is to be running linux with the root filesystem unmounted, you
> > will want to boot to the rescue environment on the redhat cd.  Boot to
> > the cd and at the boot prompt type 'linux rescue'

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....