Re: Having problems with some lists but not others.

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Donny R Rota <drrota@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've got multiple mailing lists running (via mailman).
> The mail does go out to the users on the list, but some
> lists don't archive their email, and others do.
>
> I've double checked the file permissions, logs and
> removed the nonarchiving list and recreated it.
>
> There is no trace as to why some lists work and
> other ones don't work.

Without knowing how mhonarc is configured to archive
the lists, little help can be provided.  For example,
how is mhonarc called?  How is mail provided to mhonarc?

If the CHECKNOARCHIVE resource is set, then mhonarc
will exclude messages specified for not archiving.
If for some reason message IDs are getting duplicated,
mhonarc skips messages that have an ID that is already
in the archive.

Also check if MSGEXCFILTER is defined.  It provides
a more general method for excluding messages from
getting archived.

--ewh