Mail Issue

A question for the mail experts out there.

I am running a mail system for a few domains using sendmail 8.12.11 with
MailScanner/ClamAV as well as the imap/pop3 daemons that com with RedHat9.
One of our clients is having trouble sending email to them. It is only one
client so it is not likely a DNS problem. I finally got them to send me a
return email transcript and this is what it says:

The original message was received at Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:51:51 -0600

> from uucp@localhost

> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

>  <mailto:lurbanic@xxxxxxx> lurbanic@xxxxxxx

> (reason: 550 5.7.1 Access denied)

>  <mailto:pduncan@xxxxxxx> pduncan@xxxxxxx

> (reason: 550 5.7.1 Access denied)

> ----- Transcript of session follows -----

> ... while talking to rosewood.zuka.net.:

> <<< 550 5.7.1 Access denied

> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

This looks to me like they are using a UUCP system. Can anyone comment on
this as I am not familiar with UUCP. Also, if it is, is there a way to make
it work with a SMTP/POP3/IMAP system or should the senders be changing how
they are sending mail. They could be using Microsoft Exchange server.

TIA

Dave