RH9 and core generation

Hello, managers!

I have a trial version of a commercial app dying on me with segmentation
fault, but without producing any core file. The authors claim they did
not override default sig 11 handling (which is supposed to be 'dump core
and die').

Is there any setting, parameter or something in RH9 that regulates core
file generation (I vaguelly remember there was something like that on
AIX)?

Thanks!

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia