PVR System

Can anyone recommend a PVR system similar to Tivo for Linux that will work
with Directv (satellite)? I would like to set it up to work with my TV (I'm
not looking to watch them on my computer monitor). A search of Freshmeat and
Sourceforge turned up a few that looked interesting:
Freevo: http://freevo.sourceforge.net/
MythTV: http://www.mythtv.org/
furious_tv: http://furioustv.sourceforge.net/
PVRBOT: http://pvrbot.sourceforge.net/
Showtime PVR: http://showtime.flawless.dk/

Also, what type of hardware (video capture card, sound card, etc..) do
people recommend? Obviously, the cheaper the better. The Hauppauge products
(http://www.hauppage.com/)  seem to be popular. Have people had good success
with those?

TIA!

-sr