Anyone run LInux with 16GB RAM?

Hi,

Has anyone been able to get a Linux system, preferably Debian Woody, to
run stably with 16GB RAM?  I have someone who has a Dual Xeon proc
system with 8GM RAM (8 x 1GB ECC registered) running Debian Woody and
Oracle 9i with no problems.  They would very much like to up this to
16GB (8 x 2GB ECC registered) but so far it crashes after 48 hours.

I've poked around on Google and other lists but have not come across
anything really promising.  Someone on another list did get a system
with 12GB RAM running using RH AS, but if possible, I'd like to do this
with Debian.  I'd imaging that if RH can do this then maybe there exist
patches that will allow this.  Does anyone have any experience doing
this?

M's to FR?  Enlightening web sites or other docs?

The memory and other subsystems have worked fine in other tests so those
don't seem to be a problem.

Regards.
--
Kourosh <kourosh1@earthlink.net>