SUMMARY: Stop incoming Faxes with mgetty

Hey guys,
        I got responses from Martin Maney, Dirk Dettmering and Skylar
Thompson.  Thanks all (and yes I was remiss in saying Linux 8.0, when I
meant redhat Linux 8.0).

mgetty will stop faxes with the following command line " mgetty -C data
ttyS1 "

The -D option .. as in " mgetty -D ttyS1 "  does not work, also putting a
line in the mgetty.config for "data-only y" on port ttyS1 did not work.
Something is broken there.  I will look at the source code to see what is
going on.

RECAP of problem:

        I had two modem lines for dialin and did not want faxes coming in
on these lines.  mgetty is a sweet tool and did not want to give up on
it.

SOLUTION
:
        mgetty -C data ttyS1