SUMMARY: Integrated accounts (between apps and machines)

I guess I was expecting email proclaiming the virtues of LDAP or explaining Kerberos
or NIS

I got two emails (and one I accidentally permanently deleted while troubleshooting
some webmail problems)

I've included my original post and the reply I got.  Perhaps I misunderstand the
concept, but I think using NFS to config other machines means exporting the /etc
directory and then making symlinks for /etc/passwd, /etc/group, /etc/smbpasswd, and
any other files the authorization system require.  Seems pretty messy but maybe
that's what it takes.

I don't know if the XFS solution is for me and my win98 workstations and doesn't
look like it will tie together the user account authentication systems

Maybe all the answers to my prayers were contained in that email I deleted (without
reading)

--
Brian Johnson

This is where my witty signature line would be if I bothered to edit this line :)