Secure way to do GPG signing on server?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a known way or idea of how to accomplish remote
gpg signing of emails in a pretty secure fashion.

Essentially I would like to be able to sign email when using outlook express
and for various reasons gpgoe (the plugin) is not an option.

Does anyone know of a decent way to sign email on send before they hit the
SMTP level of my mail server?

I am using qmail and the machine is "relatively" private in the sense that
only admins have shell.

Any ideas? (Is it just too insecure to even try?)

Thanks,
David U.
--
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the
world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead