Re: FCamera - 640x480 only?

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+maemo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Rick B. <rabil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 10:24 -0600, Paul Hartman wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Nils Faerber
>> <nils.faerber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hello!
>> > I *love* FCam and FCamera - already as they are. The nearest thing to a
>> > real camera for a mobile.
>> >
>> > So I went off and took some pictures and today for the first time loaded
>> > them onto my PC and recognised they are all "just" 640x480!?
>> >
>> > So I tried to find the resolution setting in FCamera but there was none.
>> >
>> > Is there a way to have the full 5MP in FCamera?
>> >
>> > I would be pretty disappointed if this wasn't possible...
>> >
>> > Pressing thumbs!
>>
>> I remember reading some discussion of this, and the explanation that
>> it's not actually 640x480, but some applications are reading it wrong.
>> Something like this. :)
>>
>> What is the filesize? You should be able to figure out the resolution
>> roughly from that. If it's truly 640x480 the file should be less than
>> 1 megabyte I think. If it's full-sized then it should be closer to 10.
>

> If memory serves, FCamera use dng format. I've not found any maemo or
> linux software that allows one to view dng format images in their full
> resolution.

I think UFraw should be able to handle DNG. (maybe in Easy Debian if
there's not a proper maemo version)

Otherwise try it on a Mac or Windows machine with a recent release of
Photoshop...

.... OR you can use MRAWViewer on the N900 itself (though you need to enable extras-devel to get the latest version which support FCamera DNGs).

--
Luca Donaggio