Re: lm90 driver no longer working on PCs in 3.13

On 01/27/2014 03:58 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 03:41:35PM -0800, Guenter Roeck wrote:

I'll test Mark's two patches on my system and let you know the results.
After looking some more into it, those _may_ actually fix the problem at least
for systems supporting ACPI. No promise, though, and I am not sure if that
would be sufficient (it may still not work on non-ACPI PCs). But then who

They should fix ACPI systems, if they don't we need to fix them further
- that case should just work, it was an oversight not to have a patch
like the ACPI one in already.  I'm not sure how many non-ACPI PCs still
exist, we're definitely talking about things over 10 years old (even
before PCs became ACPI only they started to have ACPI present which
should be sufficient).

Jean, I'm doing a writeup but it's probably not going to be done today.

I confirmed that your two patches ("regulator: core: Correct default
return value for full constraints" and "ACPI: Flag use of ACPI and ACPI
idioms for power supplies to regulator API") together fix the problem
with the lm90 driver, at least for ACPI based systems.

Thanks,
Guenter