Re: Nuvoton NCT6791D support

On 11/11/2013 11:14 PM, Jean Delvare wrote:
On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 22:25:04 -0800, p. stephen w wrote:
Running sensors gives:
nct6791-isa-0290

Based on that the command becomes:
Mint stephen # isadump -k 0x55,0x55 0x905 0x906

Which outputs:
      0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
10: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
20: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
30: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
40: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
50: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
60: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
70: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
80: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
90: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
a0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
b0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
c0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
d0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
e0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
f0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff

If that's correct, I'll go a head and run the rest of them.

No it's not correct, base address 0x290 leads to the following command:

# isadump -k 0x55,0x55 0x295 0x296

As a side note, Guenter, I'd be very surprised if you actually need the
-k here, all Super-I/O chips I saw so far needed a key to access the
configuration space only, not the logical device I/O areas.

You are right - I copied the command from somewhere else and didn't try without,
nor really think about it. "isadump 0x295 0x296" should work as well.

Thanks,
Guenter