Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] nl80211: Avoid checking for empty WoWLAN triggers

On Thursday 12 July 2012 08:47 PM, Johannes Berg wrote:
Hi,

Maybe something like this would make sense then?

http://p.sipsolutions.net/2aac79bcfe3a9b8b.txt

yeah this was the thing i am proposing
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg94023.html

your patch is better optimized as it avoids a bool variable to check for
wow disable command, so this should be fine with the other iw
patch to check for empty triggers ?
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg94022.html

Well, my patch is different, it actually allows empty triggers to go
through as I had explained.

oops, sorry i misread it.

I'm just not sure which one makes more sense? I kinda feel that allowing
empty triggers might be a corner case but useful, while disallowing it
now would make it hard to ever support such a case?

i am fine with your approach itself and don't want to break that use case.

johannes

--
thanks,
shafi