Search Linux Wireless

Re: I: RTL8187 driver in linux 3.4

On 06/01/2012 09:50 AM, Jacopo Runchi wrote:
Thank you for the help on the request below.

Bye, Jacopo.

*Da:*Jacopo Runchi [mailto:jacoporunchi@xxxxxxxxxx]
*Inviato:* venerdì 1 giugno 2012 15:21
*A:* 'herton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'; 'htl10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';
'Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
*Oggetto:* RTL8187 driver in linux 3.4

Hi, I write to you because I found you are the maintainers of the driver in subject.

Hi, I’m working with a USB device using chipset RTL8187 connected to a mips
router with Openwrt.

With the old driver r8187l.ko in linux 2.4.x it works fine.

With the RTL8187 driver, if the signal is not good enough, it can establish a
connection, but it doesn’t transfer datas (no ping for example).

I think it is a bug of the driver, so I would like to know if you know this bug
and if you have planned to solve it…

There is any change planned on this driver?

I hope for a generous answer and I’m sorry for my bad English.

The address looks OK to me. I do not know why it bounced.

My involvement with the RTL8187 devices only started with 2.6.X, where X is 25 or 26. I have no knowledge of the driver in kernel 2.4.

There have been various complaints about the driver, particularly on RTL8187L hardware, that concern rate setting using the minstrel algorithm. I have been unable to reproduce the results.

Please answer the following questions;

Does the device work is you lock the rate at 1 Mbps?

What is the USB ID as shown by lsusb?

Does it work when you use the PID rate-setting algorithm? To enable this, you will need to set CONFIG_EXPERT=y.

Larry

Does it work better if you choose