Search Linux Wireless

AR9300 AP/VLAN support

Hi,

I'm running OpenWRT trunk with Kernel 3.3.0 + OpenWRT patches and wireless-compat 2012-04-15 (based on linux-next-20120413) and the [1] hotfix applied on Freescale P1020WLAN (PPC SMP) and two AR9300 miniPCIe installed (PCI ID 168c:0030, Rev 3) with hostapd trunk (linked into libnl 3.2.7). WPA2 PSK, WPA2 EAP and unsecured networks work fine, howether, once I enabled VLAN support, EAP authentication / key negotiation fails. Radius authentification completes successfully, hostapd adds the wlan_<VID> interface (using the correct MAC, and puts it into a bridge) and assigns my station to it using the set-station netlink command. Then it tries to send some more EAPOL messages out using the sendmsg command, which accepts the packet (no error code is returned). Though, this packet never (not even during retransmission) appears on air (a separate box sniffs the channel) and there is no TX_STATUS confirmation for it (it is there once I disable vlans).

There are no related dmesg entries, i.e. when trying again, the bridge already is up and forwarding.

Further, once wpa_supplicant times out and tries to reconnect, it doesn't get any reply to the EAPOL START cmd (association completes successfully) until hostapd clears the station from cache.

This is without 802.11n enabled and in 2.4 Ghz. The channel is noisy, but connections work seamlessy with the same AP once VLANs are disabled.

Does anyone have any clues on this? If needed, I can provide debug logs.

Regards,
 M. Braun

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg88218.html