XHCI issues: WD MyBook 1230 - reset SuperSpeed USB device

Greetings,

I have an HP EliteBook 8560p, I am running Linux kernel 3.12.3, and I am trying to connect a WDC MyBook 1230 3TB SuperSpeed USB hard drive to the notebook. I am often (though not consistently) having problems with the access to the drive stalling for several seconds, and the kernel resetting the device afterwards:

usb 2-2: reset SuperSpeed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
xhci_hcd 0000:26:00.0: xHCI xhci_drop_endpoint called with disabled ep ffff880412adf480 xhci_hcd 0000:26:00.0: xHCI xhci_drop_endpoint called with disabled ep ffff880412adf4c0

Sometimes a single kernel-issued reset is enough to allow the disk to be accessed without problems until physically disconnected, in another instances, this problem simply repeats itself as the drive is accessed. When the drive decides to cooperate, the transmission speeds are stable and solid - in excess of 120 MB/s. So far, I have not been able to pinpoint the exact circumstances under which the problem remains persistent even across kernel-issued USB resets.

I am attaching a series of outputs:

- dmesg output after the drive was connected and a "gdisk -l /dev/sdb" command was issued to print out the partition table of the disk, prompting the problem to appear

- lspci and lspci -v outputs

- lsusb and lsusb -v outputs

- usbmon capture, logging the entire session with the drive being connected to the notebook, and issuing "gdisk -l /dev/sdb" command as noted above

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! I will gladly perform whatever experiments are necessary to track down the cause of this problem.

Best regards,
Peter