Re: BTRFS doesn't handle USB device disconnect

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 11:03:09AM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Dec 2013, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> > On 3.13-rc1, the btrfs partion from the disconnected USB device
> > continues to be listed as mounted.  Yanking the cable produces some
> > additional oops messages.  It also produced a couple hard-hangs.
> > Unfortunately, I didn't capture the dmesg during the hard-hangs, so I
> > can't tell for sure which driver is to blame (uas, btrfs, or xhci).
>
> Does this happen with usb-storage instead of uas?
>
> What about with ehci-hcd instead of xhci-hcd?
>
> And just to be exotic, what about with dummy-hcd and the uas or
> g_mass_storage gadget driver?

I can't reproduce the hard-hangs (with xhci and uas), but I did manage
to reproduce a bug in uas where the disconnect function hangs, and hangs
the khubd thread as well.  This happens even with the btrfs partition
wiped from the drive, so it's not a btrfs issue.  I'll send a separate
bug report to Hans.

Sarah Sharp