Re: linux usb

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012, chetan cr123 wrote:

> Hello,
> Kindly let me know
> how an usb device connection is reported to kernel when we plug an usb cable.
> I see that Udev/ueventd is responsible for that.

It sounds like you're talking about the device's kernel, not the host's
kernel.

> I want to know how exactly usb device will report to (kernel or udev)
> when an device is plugged.

Answer: Currently connections are not reported.

There was some discussion about having the gadget core export a
pollable sysfs file that would indicate the current USB connection
state.  But nobody has written any code.

> how can to create an sysfs(node) from gadget driver and this driver
> reports to Udev/uevent when an USB device is connected.
> So that Application can read Uevents of USB plugin and do the
> necessary action (in my case disable the block driver and load usb
> gadget mass storage to communicate with PC -----> SD-card of
> Tablet/mobile) .
> Kindly let me know how can i do this.

There is no way to do this now.