Re: "usb: dwc3: resume phy during gadget initialization on recent cores" breaks phy suspend

On 7/8/2012 4:20 AM, Paul Zimmerman wrote:
Commit "usb: dwc3: resume phy during gadget initialization on recent
cores" breaks phy suspend on cores newer than 1.94a. The core will
still operate, but the power savings provided by phy suspend are lost.

Pratyush, did you see an actual problem caused by the original code?

Yes, AFAICR, If I did not use this patch over your commit"usb: dwc3: support new revisions of DWC3 core", then I did not receive even reset event.
I am using 2.10a core.

If so, then you need to reenable phy suspend at some point after
initialization to restore the correct behavior on newer cores.

So , what could be the other place than initialization.