Re: needs XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH quirk?

Yo Sarah!

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 14:26:06 -0700
Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I have this port connected to an SIIG USB2/3 hub.  After a while
> > communications to the hub cease and only a reboot restores things.
>
> So only the USB 3.0 hub was causing those warnings?  I'm not sure why
> the hub would be sending short packets,

Our emails crossed.  Similar problem when USB headset plugged directly
into the problem port.

> unless it happens while you
> have an older version of usb-utils installed and you're running lsusb
> a lot?

I am running gentoo usbutils version 005-r1.  The problem happens on
boot, during enumeration, and before the patch was flooding my logs
constantly.

> > Similarly plugged into a USB 2.0 port on the SIIG:
>
> So there are USB 2.0 only ports on this hub?  That's odd, the ports
> are usually blue ports that can handle both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
> devices.

Yup.  3 USB 3.0 (blue) ports and 3 USB 2.0 (black) ports off an internal
3.0 port.

> Hmm, usually that means that there isn't enough bus bandwidth for all
> devices, but a USB 2.0 hub and a headset shouldn't be enough to fill
> up the bus bandwidth.

Yup, nothing loading up this USB 3.0 port.

>  What happens when you plug the headset
> directly into the USB 3.0 root port, without the SIIG hub in the way?

Our messages crossed, see my previous message.

RGDS
GARY
	gem@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel:+1(541)382-8588