Re: Need help regarding the USB mass storage driver

Hello Vishal,

>> I am working on a USB mass storage driver for a pen drive. I have done
>> coding as per the USB_skeleton.c file provided in Linux 3.2 source
>> code. I could assign the driver to pen drive when pen driver is
>> inserted in USB connector.
>> I am stuck in data transfer,  could not do the data transfer. During
>> enumeration interface sub class is 06 i.e. SCSI transparent command
>> set. Please find my questions below.
>>
>> 1. Where are these SCSI transparent command set documented?

Read the book named "USB Mass Storage Designing and Programming
Devices and Embedded Hosts By Jan Axelson"
The author has documented some SCSI commands. I think it may help.:).
Though the bad part is its not freely avaliable. :(

>> 3. When I connect the pen drive and associate my driver, pop up
>> doesn't appear on the screen for this device. but when default
>> driver(usb_storage) is used this pop up does appear. What I need to do
>> here?

Well i can only guess, I may not be right though.
Well the pop up you are witness it is due to fact that the USB
pendrive filesystem is mounted, when you are writing your own driver
such a behavior is not witnessed,i really don't known why.  Have you
tried writing to

Try referring to some linux device driver books if you are planning to
start to write a driver yourself. And let me warn you its not easy.
:(. Try referring this book given in the link,
"http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/.";

I also started off in this manner but it resulted in hell lot of
confusion. rather than editing the USB skeleton i would recommend
you to start off with little USB basics in linux, The USB skeleton is
not easy for beginners to understand. Go step by step you will be able
to understand it. :).

If you wanted to submit a bug try reading the REPORTING-BUGS present
in the kernel source tree. Also try reading the kernel source tree
Documentation for further details. The kernel source can be downloaded
from www.kernel.org.

 I hope i have helped. :)

--
Regards,