Re: USB Serial Converter driver and multiple devices

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Russell Nelson <russnelson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks like a Google search for "modprobe usbserial vendor" is
> useful in finding the miscreant advice. In particular, this page:
> http://wiki.debian.org/usbserial looks like a farrago of wrongness.

Greg, is this article no longer correct? I found it linked off the
Debian page: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6573
I'm trying to figure out how stern to be in warning people that
usbgeneric isn't what they want to use. Since inevitably someone will
point to the article written by the author of the code, I'll have to
have "the straight dope" from "the horse's mouth".