Re: usb-storage & btusb regression = usb storage crash

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 11:35:03AM +0200, Tomasz Miś wrote:
> I re-submit a bug in usb-storage module and btusb and perhaps the
> driver option1. Confusion about which I wrote - visible in the
> attached dmesg, appears when the USB dongle is plugged into a USB port
> and is connected to another computer for example. If during a call we
> unlink this device (physically) from the port, or disable (for
> example, under KDE), you get an error appears in dmesg and the result
> will be total "crash" usb-storage. This error occurs from version 3.3
> to 3.3.1-rcx ... the
> 3.4.-RCX is only detect a bluetooth device on the USB port, but the
> system does not proceed at all data to and from the device.

Can you reproduce this on a "clean" kernel.org kernel?  Yours has a
number of other unknown patches, as well as the closed-source ati driver
in it.

And I don't see the usb-storage driver crashing, I see the bluetooth
driver causing problems, have you asked the bluetooth developers about
this?

thanks,

greg k-h