Re: usb audio breaks ohci-pci

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014, Dennis New wrote:

> > That's weird.  Are you sure you were running the patched kernel?
> > There very definitely should have been a bunch of debugging output,
> > at the point where the headset was unplugged if not before.
> >
> > > Should I enable CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL as well?
> >
> > That's not necessary.
>
> I'm still not getting any more debugging output after it crashes.
>
> cat /proc/sys/kernel/printk = 8  4  1  7
>
> I do however notice that I only get one of those timeout "still 3 active"
> messages, whereas before I'd get 3 in a row, about 1 second apart.

I think those messages are produced by the audio driver.  Its
debugging output is exasperatingly limited.

Hmmm.  I guess the best thing would be to collect a usbmon trace.
That at least will give me some idea about what's going on just before
and just after the problem occurs.  There are instructions in
Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt.

Alan Stern