Re: PATCH: usb-storage-set-last-sector-bug-flag.patch

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 12:56 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 11:27:29AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This patch sets the last_sector_bug flag to 1 for all USB disks. This is
> > needed to makes the cardreader on various HP multifunction printers work.
> >
> > Since the performance impact is negible we set this flag for all USB disks
> > to avoid an unusual_devs.h nightmare.
>
> Oh great, now my "working just fine" USB devices, which happen to have
> data in the last sector, suddenly stop working.
>
> That's not acceptable :(

I don't see how this will happen, might you not be confusing this change
(which allows access to the last sector, just insists that it be
accessed by a single sector read) with US_FL_FIX_CAPACITY which is for
devices that report having one more sectors than they actually have and
therefore adjusts the access limits down by one?

James