load linux kernel 2.6.23 from usb stick

Hi All,

I am trying to load linux kernel from usb device,
My Bios support loading from usb device.
and i want to conect the usb and during startup load the kernel (i
don't need any application),
My questions are :
Do i need any boot loader beside the BIOS i have (i want to load linux
kernel i created from usb flash,i don't have any HD connected) ?
how to add initrd to the bzImage,any document expalin ?
My usb flash is 1 giga size, i believe it is enough ?
How to spread out the image on the usb flash ?

thanks

--
Tsah