Re: Passing argument to USB Storage driver

Kevin Lloyd escribio':
> Hi all,
>
> I am writing an init function for a device in the unusual_devs.h file
> and I was wondering if there is any standard way to pass an argument
> to it (much like can be done with the 'modprobe _driver_
> _parameters_', however I don't want to declare a parameter in the main
> usb-storage driver that is only used for my driver should it be
> loaded).

Maybe there is some confusion on where the driver code and module
parameters should go, and the purpose of unusual_devs.h, that leads to
this unusually-worded question.

First of all, could you please explain what kind of device are you
trying to use (if possible, with device/vendor IDs)? Is it a
mass-storage device (such as an external disk/DVD/flash memory), or is
it something else? If it is, then why do you need a parameter to
unusual_devs.h ? What kind of behavior do you need to control from
userspace? Why is none of the existing quirks useful for your device?
Maybe what you want is to add a new quirk flag, and there is nothing
wrong AFAIK with adding code to handle that particular flag.

If, on the other hand, your device is not a mass-storage device, then
nothing you do to unusual_devs.h might be useful. That file is only
relevant for mass-storage devices.

A quick description of your environment (target kernel version,
distribution, etc) won't go amiss.

--
perl -e '$x=2.4;print sprintf("%.0f + %.0f = %.0f\n",$x,$x,$x+$x);'