Re: USB (GSM-)modems and ACM class driver

Hi,

even this issue is outstanding for about 8 weeks, I finally figured out a
work around.

Our investment into a Catalyst USB analyzer has been worthwhile.
While comparing the traces between 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, I found out that
the 2.4 kernels send two 'set configuration' requests to the USB modem.

Either this is not allowed or the modem's firmware does not like this.
After the 2nd set configuration request the device disconnects.

As a workaround, I just commented out the usb_set_configuration() call in
acm.c and thinks were fine with the Falcom Samba75 (aka Siemens MC75).

Matthias