Re: blackberry 8830 problems - 2.6.23.10

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:46:34 -0500
"Martin Owens" <doctormo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The device continues to reset it's self, disable bcharge or
> berry_charge kernel module from udev/blacklist and try and find out
> why bcharge fails to set the phone correctly.

Sorry I have to plead a bit of ignorance here.  I don't believe I'm using bcharge.  I've got the berry_charge module built and loaded, which is the same as I used for the old blackberry.  That's all I've needed in the past, so it's all I'm using now, and I had assumed it would support this device.  I don't have any additional blackberry related software installed that I know of.  Hence, I had assumed the problem was related to berry_charge, and I posted here.

The usb cable is known working, and the port is a dedicated usb port with no other connected devices.

As far as troubleshooting goes, I rebuilt with USB debugging support and tried again.  I'll need guidance if I'm to gather additional information.  The syslog output from connecting the device can be found here (much too long for pasting into email):

http://www.cyberdogtech.com/download/pub/berry_charge_debug.txt