Keyspan USB serial adapter on Debian

Hi All, not sure if this topic has been aired out before, but I'm new to the
forum.
I'm attempting to bring up a USB serial adapter on Debian so we can use a
serial port at 230.4KBaud
or faster if possible.

well I'd though to just plug my keyspan adapter in and away we go.  not so
fast.  Fedora, yes, Debian no.

>From what I gather there were licensing objections in Debian leaving it to
the user to roll their own.
I'm trying to figure out if Keyspan support can just be built as a loadable
kernel module for Debian.
or is it more involved than that?

or another route we can go is find a different USB serial for Debian.  since
we are targeting
230.4K that narrows the field.  preliminary tests on Belkin were that it
topped out at 115K.

open to suggestions, recommendations..

TIA
/steverino2