USB net device unexpectedly stops sending driver bulk in urbs

Hi All,
	I'm new to the list so please be gentle ;-)

	I'm experimenting with a USB network type device. I have a driver functioning
mostly, but during an example FTP download, the device unexpectedly stops
sending the host bulk in URBs. If I send a single ping out sometimes the
transfer resumes. The missing data seems to have been buffered somewhere in
USBland, because the next set of URBs are larger than usual and
instantaneously available. Has anyone any ideas as to why this is happening,
and how I might cure it?

Thanks,

Andrew