Re: WARNING: at kernel/resource.c:189 __release_resource

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:40:37 -0700
Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@xxxxxx> wrote:

> The corresponding PCI code in pci_device_suspend() does not do
> any generic device disable or resource release.  I don't know
> why PNP disables the device on suspend.  I glanced through the
> ACPI spec but didn't see a requirement for it.  Maybe Pierre [1]
> remembers.

Afraid not. There was a reason for it, but my mind draws a blank as to what that was... I have a slight recollection of bad BIOS interaction during STR, but I'm not sure it was related to this specific patch.

Rgds
Pierre