Re: USB: FIx locks and urb->status in adutux

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 23:54, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> One other small thing. I see you dropped the dev->mtx bracket that
> I added around the initialization and submission. Notice that the
> dev->udev is zeroed under dev->mtx, not the static lock. This is because
> it has to be seen in read and write paths. If you don't like taking
> across the submission, how about testing for it ahead of time?

I thought it can be managed under static lock.
But if you sure we can leave device lock too, I'm not familiar with all this on such deep level... at least for now;).

I'm not sure what kind of testing do you mean by "ahead of time". I just tried the latest patch and all seems to be good.

BTW, slab corruption issue that I saw on the original driver we started fixing on is not an issue any more.

Vitaliy